Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Motherhood


It's official. I am Mom. I drive the van I said I never would, don't knock it. It has several DVD players, auto everything and I LOVE IT because it makes my life easier. I have three kids. It's more like, they have me. My life revolves around them. Everything I do is devoted to being a good mom and helping my children have the best lives. I know that I am imperfect and I sometimes wonder what they will say about me between the time that they "know everything" and then have their own children and "realize how smart and wonderful I was/am" like most new parents do.
Being a mother, I have learned, all has to do with balance. Emotional, spiritual, physical. Everyday I think about all these things. I focus on trying to keep all of us healthy in every way possible. It is also so important to have fun along the way. Luder has forced me to learn that and I appreciate him for that. He has me stop and just sit outside or take a walk in nature with the boys. We all end up feeling better. I get through life a lot easier with a sense of humor. If you can laugh about it, it makes it a lot more fun. So to all of my mini van driving sisters, the next time you want to die of humiliation in public because of something your kids do, laugh and live it up.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

So sweet! I love what you said about maintaining balance. No wonder I thought you would like the movie "Eat Pray Love." It's all about balance! :)

Elisabeth A. said...

You have such a stinking beautiful family!!!! :) :)

Jenny Ramsey said...

You're bLOGGING again!! yaaaaay! i'm proud of you sister!

Carol Settle said...

Hey! I love the family picture.