Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Facebook. I am not sure how I feel about facebook. I like that I get to keep in touch with friends and family. I find some things strange about facebook, not judging, just observing. I think that most people have figured, if we can't beat them, join them. So, they are on facebook, lurking, commenting and posting with the best of them. I recently got a friend request from my Grandpa. I am glad to stay in touch with him via facebook, it's just not what I expected. Facebook has reached all generations, all people, sane and insane. I think it is interesting and sometimes funny when people choose to get on facebook and have an arguement with people they do not know. Talking with strangers about something that you have strong feelings about is not "smart" in my mind. I think we all end up there sometimes. 
The older I get, the more I am repulsed by drama. I would rather hide out, not listen and for sure not be a part of any drama that may be brewing. I don't have time. There are times when I want to write an occasional crazy or funny thought on facebook, then I think of the previous crazy status updates I have read and I cringe. I think to myself, "it isn't worth it."
I wonder how long facebook will last. What will replace it? Part of me thinks it's sad that we use facebook to get to know each other or to stay in touch. Really? Has life gotten that out of control? Appearantly, it has.



1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ginny, I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the thoughtful post. Well said!