Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Business of Being Beautiful

So, I was thinking the other day....yes I do that sometimes, and I think that we as women have outsmarted ourselves. Men clearly haven't. Women compare ourselves to other women. We wear makeup, jewelry, accessories, purses and style our hair. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a man. You get up, get your clothes on that your wife probably picked out for you at some point, take a shower, shave your face and do your job. 
I am not even going into the whole realm that some women find themselves in of endless working out, eyelash extensions, botox and plastic surgery.
If we, as women all did not wear makeup (no, I am not kidding myself, I don't think this would really happen, nor would it be good for the world necessarily) we could save ourselves a lot of time and money.
I am all for taking care of yourself but there should be healthy limits. I see women (mostly ones I don't know)  spinning out of control. Eating less, running more, more beauty products, procedures, more more more.   Maybe the men have it right.
For now, I am happy to boycott makeup on occasion, eat heathy as much as possible, get a little exercise and not worry about all that business of being beautiful.

5 comments:

Ash said...

Agreed. It's all about pride! Women keep trying to up every other girl around them. Luckily you are gorgeous no matter what you do!!

Hksedwick said...

AMEN! I totally agree and sometimes I just want to go ignore the social norms and wear sweat pants everywhere and other days I think getting dressed up is important for your feeling of well being. Anyway I like this post.

Terri said...

Lucky for me I grew up a tom boy. No makeup here and no stress to impress anyone other than myself and Chris.

Jenny Ramsey said...

i wish i could boycott makeup!
but i agree with you!

kelly said...

Coming from the most gorgeous girl ever! Just be glad you don't live in Utah-it's magnified 10 fold here. Crazy!