Thursday, July 23, 2009

Reflections of a Pregnant Woman

So, I went to the doctor yesterday. The babe is preparing to make an exit as my body is starting to show signs that he and I are gradually getting ready. I have two more weeks until he comes. I am trying to sleep, eat and get as ready as much as possible for him in the meantime. The boys are so excited, they can hardly wait. They are taking a sibling class on Saturday. I am interested to see how that turns out.
As the time draws near, I can't help but think about how my life will change. I think about how it has changed with every person that we have added to this little family. I think about the work that is involved in raising a child but more than that, I think of the great blessing it is to have this little baby boy come to me. I am so grateful to be a mother, although it can be difficult at times, there is nothing I would rather do than take care of these sweet boys.
For some reason birth always makes me reflect on life. Thinking of life makes me reflect on my family, what is important and the people I love. It makes me think of those who are around but also those who aren't. This child is my first child that I will not be able to take to see his Nan (my grandmother). I have thought of her so much lately. I believe that we come from a loving home with God when we are born and we return to the same place when we die. I can't help but wonder if this little man that is about to come to us has been with his great-grandparents and loved ones that have passed on.
Life is something that happens so quickly to us. What perspective do we have? I am thinking a lot about birth, life and even death at this point. It is one eternal round.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Very well written. It made me reflect on a few things myself-even cry a little (the part about Nan)I'm sorry I wasn't able to meet her.

Jenny Ramsey said...

i know what you mean...i think my mom was absolutely loving and holding each one of my children before they came here. you are such a wonderful mom and this boy is going to be so blessed to have you guys for an eternal family!

Ash said...

I'm so excited for you! You are one amazing mom to those boys. You know if you ever need anyone to babysit, I'm right around the corner! Let me know if you need anything!

<3 Ashley