Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cason


Cason graduated from preschool in May. I can't believe that the baby I held in my arms a few years ago will be in kindergarten this year. I have heard about the mixed emotions and I always thought that I would be different. I am not, I am sad to let him go. The days of having him with me everyday to be at home, help me run errands and be carefree are gone. Once I pushed past the sadness which is only selfishness on my part, I am happy and excited for him to spread his wings and fly. I can't promise that I won't cry on that first day, especially since I will have just given birth and my emotions will be spilling over.
Kindergarten seems like the first step that leads to a path that goes away from me. I know that it won't be long until we have to have talks about bullies, mean teachers, rules and later those life lessons that dictate a perspective for a lifetime.

1 comment:

Jenny Ramsey said...

one day at a time mama, that's all you can do. i was miserable the first couple of weeks but you adjust and before you know it, they are home for the summer!! he'll do great!!