Wednesday, June 17, 2009

8 Months


I can't believe that I am 8 months pregnant. Time is definitely flying. Each pregnancy seems to go faster. The nursery is coming along. I still need to put the final touches on it. It seems like I have to do this project on the side because of all the other things (good things) going on in our family.
I went to the OB and the baby is growing and healthy. Until this point I have been pretty calm, I am noticing a little anxiety start to creep in. I think that I am worried because I am not worried. It's almost as if I am afraid of being blindsided somehow. Today I washed the baby's clothes and put them into the drawers. It made things so real. Everyday we do something to prepare for the baby.
Left to do:
put up swing and bouncy seats
decorate the walls of the nursery
wash the bedding and put it up
register at Babies R Us and Target
and whatever else.....
The boys are so excited. They got a "new" room last week. We put Cason and Abram in the same room with bunk beds. Abram calls them "punk" beds. They jumped up and down and screamed happily at the sight of their new beds. They love to be together. Initially I didn't want to put them together but after Luder and I saw that they had been sharing a room while traveling for 3 weeks and they were great, we decided to give it a try. So far, so good. I am still waiting for the storm. They have three big adjustments this summer; a room change, kindergarten and a new baby. We spread out the events so they will come gradually. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Jenny Ramsey said...

my boys have been together for forever and they love it. i'm sure your two will enjoy that brother night time mischief! :)
you've washed your clothes and stuff? geesh, am i behind or what? i guess i just feel like 4 weeks is plenty of time but then again, it really isn't!! come teach me to be prepared!!!
i am so glad things are going well. you are so cute and so wonderful. love your guts!!!!

Terri said...

Aww that is great! It is going by very fast. I am excited to meet your new little one. Glad the boys are doing well in their new beds.

Holly said...

YOU ARE SOOO TINY!! 8 months?? Seriously. :)

Jessica said...

You look great, Ginny! I hope everything goes well with your delivery. I'd love to catch up in the burg sometime and let our boys get to know eachother!