Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Update

All is well with the Milton's. I had another OB appointment yesterday where I heard the baby's heart for the second time. It is a great sound. The nurse couldn't find it for a while (it seemed like a long time) she was trying to make small talk with me. It reminded me of when you get your blood taken and they are asking you questions to distract you. Well, I just stopped listening to her and talking to her. I was about to jump on that button that I keep buried that says, "PANIC AND CRY NOW." Just before making the decision to stomp on that I heard the sweet sound of my baby. I was relieved. It was a healthy 150 bts/min.
I taught a parenting class last night for the women at the church. It went well I think. I enjoyed it. It made me realize how much I miss that part of my life. I was told to expect 5-10 because it was a mini enrichment and over 20 people showed up. The best feeling was to see the hope in their eyes that they could do their calling as a Mother better.
Luder has been working a lot but we are so grateful to have a job. A great job. Thank you Heavenly Father. We are so blessed. He is being recognized in an official way for his great efforts in his career. I am so proud of him. More to come on that later.
Last week was filled with Valentine's, to the point of almost coming out of my ears. Two preschool V-Day parties, baking, making Valentine's for school and Grandparents. At one point Luder and I looked at eachother like, "What is this madness they call Valentine's Day? AHHH!" Saturday night we grilled steaks and had a quiet night at home. Then we watched a movie that Luder said was a "total buz kill." Whatever that means. He cracks me up. I love him.
Being pregnant is such a roller coaster of emotions. I seriously laugh until I cry fairly frequently. I feel overwhelmed more easily. It is amazing to me this change that happens. This has been the best pregnancy so far though. Pregnancy has never been "easy" for me but I am so much more relaxed, more peaceful and calm this time.
We wish all of you well. Please keep in touch and if it's not going to snow for real, bring on SPRING!

10 comments:

Maddy said...

you did a great job last night!! can't wait for friday!

Jenny Ramsey said...

don't worry girl, i cry every day! :) and when they can't find the heartbeat instantly (i mean within 2 seconds) i threaten to jump out the window. so i totally know how that one goes!! :)
you are so amazing and i just love you to death. you and luder are such great parents and wonderful examples. i feel blessed to have you as my friend!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I didnt know you were pregnant! That's wonderful! The third is the best, in my opinion. Good luck with it all!

Carol said...

Hey,
Again great job with the parenting class. Ooh and I love your background. I need you to show me how to change mine. See you tonight!

Terri said...

I am glad things are going well with you and this pregnancy. That is great! Keep us posted because I love reading your blog.

Ash said...

It was good to see you at church last Sunday! I'm sure your enrichment was amazing, and I can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl, so let me know as soon as you find out!

Jenny Whiting said...

I wish I could have gone to your class! I'm sure I would have learned something good. Any handouts? :) I'm glad all is going well with your baby and pregnancy and that this time is so much more relaxed...maybe since Luder isn't in school and your life is more "settled"? I'll hope for that next time. you're so cute. just thought i'd tell you.

Katie said...

Violet's pregnancy was so much easier then Collin's so I am predicting a little girl for you! Congratulations on Luder's accomplishments (Troy told me)! I've had that before where they can't find the heart beat and they ask me where the Dr found it before.

kelly said...

Congrats on baby #3 Ginny! I am amazed and impressed with anyone even considering more than 2. WHay don't they warn you about how tough it is? ANyway, glad everything is great over there - I sure miss VA!

Tristen said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better this pregnancy. I know how you feel about them taking a while to find the heartbeat. I almost had a nervous breakdown at every appointment. I wish I could have been at that Enrichment you taught. I could use advice on how to be a better mother - I am sure you are amazing!