Saturday, November 4, 2006

Fifth Year Anniversary


For our 5 yr anniversary, Luder took me horseback riding through the mountains in the Shenandoah Valley. It was autumn follage at its best. It was so peaceful and perfect. After that we went to one of my favorite restaurants where we lived when we were first married. We stayed in a newly renovated historical hotel and had an awesome breakfast at a nearby restaurant that was featured in Southern Living . It also happens to have Nan's favorite pies. The whole weekend was a lot of fun. I had not been on a horse since riding on the equestrian team in college. I have missed it tremendously. It was a very cold weekend, we look a little dorky with our 10 layers of clothing and our helmets. I told Luder that I needed both of our brains to be intact for the rest of our lives, he agreed to wear a helmet. This disclaimer is necessary to let me post Luder's picture. He says he looks like a "complete dork" in this picture.




No comments: