Monday, September 28, 2009

30



Luder took me to Morton's with my parents and some friends. That was wonderful, then after he surprised me with a private chartered canal cruise. It was a beatiful. As we cruised through the city on the night of my birthday, my loved ones took turns sharing memories and making toasts to me and my life. There were lots of laughs and some tears. I am so grateful for my friends and family.

I turned 30 this weekend. There is something weird that happens as you turn 30. You think more about where you are in life, where you have been and where you are going. Some take it harder than others. I was somewhat distracted with my new baby but I want to share my greatest accomplishments of these, my 30 years.
Not necessarily in order of importance, so please no emails about that.

Great Accomplishments

A Happy Marriage in the temple to someone that I can't live without
Three beautiful children, all who Luder and I have put first in life since the day they were born
Having my family all be my best friends
A college degree
A healthy physical body, emotional state and a testimony of Jesus Christ
Buying our first home and decorating it frugally
Learning to cook (so what if it's not gourmet)
Wonderful friends who I truly enjoy and love
The ability and desire to express my feelings to those I love without reservation
Learning how to maintain a home-interior and exterior-including the landscape
Becoming organized
Snow skiing, water skiing and pilates
Appreciation for nature-I need to be outside like a drug
Traveling Internationally
Great negotiating skills (especially with car salesmen and Luder :)
Realizing and maintaining perspective
Giving most people at most times the benefit of the doubt

There are more but what matters most to me are the relationships I have with the people that I love, my husband, children, mom, dad, brother, family and friends. Sometimes I think of life from the end looking toward today. My greatest wish would be that everyone who I loved would know it and they would know how much I wanted them to be happy.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like fun! Happy 30. I am 29 again ;)